Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Little Tidbits from This Week

I’m grateful that N has an extra set of textbooks at home so he doesn’t have to carry books back and forth to school. His backpack is already SO full with his huge binder and lunch bag! He even gets some of his math assignments on-line. How times have changed. He loves his new middle school. I love the bus!!

T was ‘styling’ my hair by running his fingers through it and fluffing it. Then he throws his arms in the air and says, “Ta-Da!!” I’ve never heard him say that before!

On the way home from preschool today T told me that he wants his haircut off! I guess he was tired of people commenting on his haircut …

G started teaching Institute again last night, so off came his go-tee. He’s excited about teaching the Book of Mormon, and really enjoys Institute. He also started TWO groups of CPE students today. It’s a big week for him.

Despite the many activities we have going on, I'm thankful that, by some miracle, things are not overlapped. Last year, there were times that I needed to be at two different soccer fields across town at the same time. It was very stressful. Now, both boys are practicing at closer fields. B rides his bike to his practice just down at our elementary school a couple blocks away. It also helps that N is old enough to keep an eye on his brothers when I have to run an errand etc. My mom calls this the "Golden Age" : where your oldest is old enough to babysit the youngest, but not old enough to drive.

J & B are excited about their first soccer games this Saturday. They’ve been practicing hard. The family will be able to go see both of them play because their game times do not overlap. I had to go get B a bigger pair of shorts for his uniform this week. His 1st pair were getting pretty short! Think 'Nair' commerical ...



It’s funny to see siblings display similar behaviors. T has taken to hauling A LOT of his stuff around. He’ll stuff his belongings in boxes, backpacks, bags, etc. and take it everywhere! When he got up this morning, he was struggling to fit out of his doorway because of all of the stuff dangling from his limbs. B did this exact same thing around this age. He’d drag this bin of toys & stuffed clear backpack around everywhere he went. The thing weighed more than him! He’d wear silly hats and sleep in the toy box. So, we’ve been seeing a sliver of B in T this past week. It’s been a real hoot!

5 comments:

Allison said...

"We wear short shorts!" Now I have that song stuck in my head. I'm sure B is glad to have new shorts. C wants to wear his soccer uniform EVERYWHERE!

Marie said...

Love the updates. Glad to hear G is teaching again. When we were there, he didn't know for sure if he was going to be asked to do it again. I would love to sit in on one of his classes (not to heckle him, either).

Laundry said...

haha. T... he makes me giggle!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Raimi said...

Sounds like a great week. Your boys are so fun & cute!

. said...

WOW! Luck, I can;t wait for my golden age Ehen Halli can babysit. you guys sound likeyou are doing great and I am glad that the schedule is working out. that always helps!