Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Recipe We Like

I've been pulling double-duty these past several days because G had been gone to a National Conference in Florida. My hat's off to those women who do this all of the time! One of the things that saved me for a couple of days was the use of my slow-cooker. It was SO nice to come home from church on Sunday and have dinner ready. I walked in the door, put rice in the rice cooker, changed clothes, set the table and we were ready to eat. I got this recipe from my dear friend, Raimi, who got it from one of her good friends. I'm sharing it because my boys INHALED it! It had nothing to do with Fast Sunday because ... we forgot it was Fast Sunday until it was too late ... I'm telling you, with G gone, lots of our routines were challenged. One night, we forgot to do our family prayer together. It was T who reminded us. Very humbling. We're glad G's home safe. We sure missed him.

Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Chicken

1 brick (8 oz.) of cream cheese
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. of Good Seasonings Dry Italian Dressing
4-5 boneless chicken breasts

Mix cream cheese (I soften mine in the microwave for @ 25-30 seconds), cream of chicken soup & Good Seasonings dry Italian dressing. (I spray the inside of my crock pot with PAM). Place chicken in crock pot & pour soup mixture over the top. Cook on LOW heat for 10-12 hours or on HIGH for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

We had the leftovers the next day too w/o complaints. We just served it with some fresh veggies on the side. My boys love baby carrots, peppers, and cucumbers.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

That sounds really good. We will definately give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

So funny! We had the same thing last night with yummy leftovers for my lunch today. Great recipe, Raimi. Thanks for sharing!

Nadine said...

We are going to try it. Thanks for sharing. I like that it is an easy one that the kids can do on their "day".