Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hot Pink 5K

On Saturday morning, B & I ran in a local 5K. N came down for support and to take pictures. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and this 5K raised $$$ for research. There was lots of pink there, especially HOT pink. The HOT stands for Historic Old Town for our neighborhood. The weather was perfect for a run. A little chilly to begin with, but it felt SO good during the run.



Here we are before the race. B looks pretty tired. He's NOT a morning person, but he wanted to come and give this a try.
















Here we are working off some nervous energy before the race!
We had fun listening to the live band, seeing all of the people, checking out the vendors and getting some freebies. N carried around our loot in the backpack for us. Thanks, N!






Here we are at the end of our race. B got a late start because it was really unclear for him of when to start. He caught up to everyone, and did awesome. He's got such a HUGE stride when he runs. I'm so jealous!! He wants to do another run with me in the future.
I improved my running time a few minutes. I finished in 30:49 minutes. I was so happy about that! We had some small hills during the course. The Crooked Bridge was very challenging with its incline! And we crossed it twice on the course! I'm still working on increasing the distance I run as well as decreasing the time. It's a slow process for me, but at least I'm DOING it! Running has been great for me in so many ways. Again, I'm already looking for my next race and setting my sights on a 10K in the future.

3 comments:

Raimi said...

Way to go, Steph & B. Keep up the awesome job! The race looked like a ton of fun!

lorelie said...

Running is becoming more and more the thing to do! Good for you for getting out there, improving your time and participating in good causes! Maybe one day I'll join in the running revolution too =]

Allison said...

That is so awesome that you and B did that together. You are a great example to your boys on taking care of yourself and supporting good causes. Way to go!