Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ice Skating with T

T & I went ice skating today and had a blast! I haven't been on skates in years, but I caught the hang of it (again) pretty quick.

Here we are laced up in our skates, ready to go ... I think!

The skating rink has these little walkers (and some big ones too) for beginner skaters. It helped A LOT! T had a hard time at first, but didn't give up. He took a little pit stop over at the snow. They had a 'snowballer' tool to make perfect snowballs. The only problem: I forgot to bring gloves for T. His hands were freezing! I felt awful about this.




I gave T and some of his friends rides on the sleds. It was SO fun and it gave T a break from struggling on the skates. We went around dozens of times. It also gave him a chance to put his hands back into his pocket! At one point, they had a small snow machine on! We skated right under it and experienced a little snowfall.


Trying to warm up those hands!


After much skating fun, we had hot chocolate and sugar cookies -- a kid's dream! We visited with friends for a while and then called it a day. I want to bring the whole family soon. It was SO much fun! Won't be cheap, but it would be a great family outing.

2 comments:

Debie said...

Wow! So much fun!!! I love ice skating! I took the boys to the outside one in SLC last Christmas and J. and I had a blast. J2 got his skates all messed up, wrong size, two left shoes, so he gave up quickly but he took some great pictures.

The best thing for him is the time spent one on one time with him. That is better than Hot chocolate and cookies.

Your a great Mommy!

Raimi said...

I am glad the day of this field trip finally arrived. Garrett has been talking about it non-stop. Maybe we need to do a grown up date night @ the rink...wouldn't that be fun? Great pictures & thanks for sharing some with me. You are always so good about that!