Tuesday, September 8, 2009

STINKY Jelly Belly's

On Monday, we took the boys out for lunch with Grandma Marie. Afterwards, we stopped in the Jelly Belly store. G and the boys tasted some jelly beans, including one that's called "skunk spray". Yes, skunk spray. G & B braved it.



Here is B's reaction to the skunk spray jelly bean. Nasty! Their breath was disgusting -- it actually smelled like a skunk!! B tried toothpaste, ear wax, and rotten egg. The rotten egg is the one that got him retching. Of course, he had to buy a few of these to bring to school and trick his friends!


Yes, we're missing T here. He was away on a play date with a friend.
Grandma Marie with J


We left with some yummy jelly beans, too. It was a fun way to end our lunch outing with Grandma Marie. Oh, and I almost ate one of those skunk jelly beans. I thought I had reached into my bag of 'buttered popcorn' jelly beans. Luckily, my mom stopped me right before I bit down! I had grabbed a skunk spray, ear wax, and toothpaste. Talk about disgusting! I couldn't thank her enough for bringing it to my attention.

4 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Scott and I thought those "gross" beans were a joke. We didn't think they really tasted awful - until Scott tasted one. Now we know. Skunk spray sounds even more horrible than buttered popcorn!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE buttered popcorn! It's actually my favorite.

Laundry said...

hahahahahahahaha. Thank heavens for mom.. and I'm giggling uncontrollably and the fact that they ate the skunk spray jelly bean.. they are some brave insane people. haha!

Amy said...

Gross!! My kids love to try them all too. The worst one I had was the dirt. I felt like I had mud all over my mouth! It was fun seeing you the other day!