Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of School

N started ... gasp ... High School today! He is SO ready to be in High School. G dropped him off this morning. He is also really looking forward to seminary, and meeting other kids in the stake that go to his High School.
B is starting 7th grade today. He was up and ready to go this morning. He barely said 'goodbye' before he ran off to to the bus stop!
J & T are holding flowers for their teachers. It's a school tradition for each student to bring the teacher a flower. It then becomes part of a class bouquet symbolizing all of the different students in the class. I trimmed them off of one of our rosebushes this morning. J starts 4th grade and T starts 1st grade. J was especially happy about his new binder and school supplies this year.

Here they are walking side-by-side to school this morning. J was very helpful.

Here's T with his new 1st grade teacher. He was a bit nervous. I walked him into his classroom and it helped him seeing some of his friends. Right before I left, he whispered to me that he was scared. It broke my heart! I know he'll do fine, but it will take some adjusting to being in school all day. He still likes a good nap!

Well, this is the FIRST time that all of my boys will be in school for the full day! Definitely a new phase in my life.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah!!! Enjoy!! I'm there, but I'm not!!