Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Apple Hill 2009

The boys were off of school today (Veteran's Day), and the weather was good ... and we needed something to do ... so, we took off and headed over to Apple Hill. It was really nice because it wasn't as crowded as a normal weekend would be. We went to a few farms and really enjoyed ourselves.



the things I make the boys do for pictures! J looks REALLY thrilled!

We HAD to get apples with warm, gooey caramel. This is one of my favorite things to get at Apple Hill.







We saw this apple orchard near where we parked at one of the farms. We wanted to explore a bit. The boys found sound rotting pumpkins and HAD to poke them. Whatever. They had fun and I really didn't care. We just enjoyed being out with each other.




We stopped in at the Fudge Factory. We didn't end up buying anything there since we already bought some fudge at another farm. We just wanted to see what they had.

We also made sure we left with 2 gallons of pressed apple juice. So good! Lots of the food looked good there, however, there were long lines for that. So we just walked around and looked at all of the crafts, treats, and beautiful scenery. Then, we stopped at In-N-Out burger as we headed home. The boys were also glad to have the rest of the late afternoon to relax. It turned out to be a great afternoon together.

5 comments:

Raimi said...

too funny! I have some of those very same pictures! It was a fabulous CA. day.

Lisa said...

We almost went there today also. How funny! Looks fun, wish we did go. Yummy caramel apples. Glad you enjoyed your day!

CHALISSE!!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laundry said...

The removed comment, was from me.. lol. it was under my sister's name.. anyway..

I'M SO JEALOUS! I WANT APPLES!!! AND FUDGE!!! LUCKY!!

Allison said...

I miss Apple Hill. So much good fall fun and yummy caramel apples. I remember the fudge! Yum.

Love the pictures.