Friday, November 9, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

G's find this morning. It was cracked this far open, too. He took this picture knowing that his family would really appreciate it! His pomegranate bush is loaded with bursting fruit, and he's loving it! He can't eat them fast enough. B has discovered that he likes them, too. G has wished for a fruit-bearing pomegranate bush for so long, and his wish has come true. The branches are heavy with fruit and he's got rope to help support the branches. We're lucky that there aren't any squirrels feasting on the fruit. Hopefully, we'll have some that aren't cracked to bring to family over the holidays.

As I was getting ready to run errands today, I heard the water running. I came downstairs to find T "helping" with the dishes. There was about a gallon of water on the floor, and almost all of my dish soap was gone. He had found dad's pomegranate nearby and decided that some of the seeds needed to be washed. So there was pomegranate juice drops all over. I decided to leave him there for a few minutes while I finished getting ready. I wasn't ready for the battle. I know he was trying to help, and I keep asking for help with the kitchen .... so I guess I can't complain?? I often remind myself that there are worse thing, right??

0 comments: