Thursday, November 15, 2007

See .... We DO Have Monkeys

T trying to figure out the pedals
J ready to go for a ride

Peek-a-boo!

Just hangin' out!

It was SUCH a beautiful day today. J, T & I spent some time this afternoon out front. The boys rode their bikes around while I blew leaves off of the porch and driveway. Then, they crawled under some bushes in front of our house for a secret fort. Then, J wanted to try to climb our tree out front. It's hard to believe that tree is strong enough now to be climbed. It was a sad little sapling when we moved in 5 years ago. He put his bike along side the tree for a step and then I helped him up the rest of the way. He loved it! I remember climbing a similar tree out in our backyard all of the time. My siblings and I would spend hours climbing up that tree. It was so much fun.
T's highlight of the day was going with Dad to his Preschool field trip to Leatherby's. They got a little tour, and then had hot dogs, fries, and ice cream. G said that T didn't want to sit with the group. He wanted to sit at a small table with just his Dad. He loved riding in Dad's car for the adventure. I'm glad that they got to spend that special time together. They both had a great time.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I remember climbing trees in our backyard too. I had the highest spot. We even had notepads nailed to a limb so we could write notes. It was a lot of fun!! MY younger siblings missed all the fun. We also played Hardy boys and Nancy Drew outside. The good 'ol days before video games and having only 6 channels on the TV. We actually used our imagination.
Looked like you had fun with your boys. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week, the weather is too nice!!