Sunday, November 11, 2007

Great Soccer Games

B in position as defender

J attacking the ball

J chasing the ball in the game



Both B & J had great soccer games on Saturday. B's team tied 1 to 1. B does really well as defender because he's a head taller than most of the boys out there playing, and he can be quite intimidating! He has no fear of attacking the ball, no matter who is near it. He defended the goal very well today. He has improved a lot, and has really become more comfortable out there on the field each game. He really likes his coach, and is hoping to stay on this team next year. There may be a problem with that due to his birth date and the age dead lines, but the coach said he'd work with him. Keep your fingers crossed. He's bounced from team to team each season, and it's been a little hard on him.
J's team won again, making them undefeated for the season. They have just 1 more game to play. J played goalie for one quarter and made a couple of saves. He played defender and mid fielder. He is having so much fun this year with his team. He just adores his coach and assistant coaches. I could see that he was a little upset yesterday morning. Eventually, he asked me if he could be on the same team with the same coach next year. Once I told him that was the plan, he was much happier. I think he's sad to see the end of the season. J is very excited about his team party on Monday night, which I am in charge of. I just have to crank out a couple of cakes, and everything else is pretty much set. I didn't like the idea of spending $20-30 on a store-bought cake: too expensive and they aren't as good as homemade cakes. It may not look as good, but it will taste better (I hope!!)
It's been a good experience for me to be team mom for J's team. Fortunately, the parents of the boys on the team have been really easy to work with, and very supportive. Except for worrying about remembering crucial things, it's been good for me. Let's just say I almost forgot about ordering the trophies in time ... don't worry, they are here. J keeps reminding me everyday!!! He wants to see his and hold it. Nope. I let him take a glance at it while I was doing a quick inventory. It's back in the box, and it's killing him!! I'm glad that the team party is tomorrow night so that J can have his trophy, and I don't have to hear him asking me about it anymore!!! He looked over my shoulder when I was shopping for trophies, and he wanted me to order these HUGE trophies that were almost 2 feet tall. You know, those trophies that are handed out for tournaments!? Umm, no. Could you imagine?

1 comments:

Raimi said...

You have been an awesome team Mom. Thanks for all of your hard work & reminders. We can't wait to party with your family tomorrow night.

Raimi