Monday, March 3, 2008

My Stuff

1. Find 5 to 7 things around your house that say something about the person you are and snap a picture of them.

2. Tell us about them.

3. Tag a few people in your post, and in their comments, to do their own pictures of their stuff.

I'm hoping you play along and let me know when you posted YOUR STUFF on your own blog!

This oversized clock hangs on the wall over our landing. I'd wanted a big clock for quite a while. I found this one at good ol' Target, and I LOVE it. When I orginally saw this clock, I hesitated and decided not to get it at the time. I quickly changed my mind, went to the store the next morning and it was gone! I checked back often, and about gave up. Then when I was there waiting for a prescription, I wandered down that aisle and there it was. I bought it right then. Anyway, I especially like how it has the Roman numerals. Two day later, it went on sale and so I went in with my receipt for the sale price. Always lookin' for a bargain!
I guess you could say the clock is a subtle reminder of how important it is to me and G to be on time. I hate being late to anything! Being late is not an option in our family!

These frames are mounted over our piano and I just love them. On the left, there are temples that mat around the "Proclamation". On the right, there are various pictures of Christ that mat around the "Living Christ" document. In the center, is our family. I really like this picture of G & me. Then, there is one of the great shots of our 4 boys together last summer. This wall brings me a lot of joy when I look at it everyday.


Our dear prophet Gordon B. Hinckley gave us the "B's" to help us all be better people. I bought this plaque to remind myself and my family of them. We see it everyday, and it's a great reminder of how to live our lives.

Okay, forgive the dust. My room gets a little neglected with the dusting. Anyway, this is one of my shelves stuffed with my books. I've been really enjoying reading these past 4 or 5 years. I think part of the reason is that I CAN stay up a little later than I used to. I used to have an early morning newspaper route that required me to get to sleep at a decent hour. I would literally fall into bed everynight then.


Believe it or not, our elliptical is not being used for a clothes rack. I'm getting back in the habit of exercising more regularly. I've noticed a difference in how I feel, and I'm enjoying that. I've been pushing myself very hard on it for at least 20 minutes a day, and plan on adding more minutes each day. Here's to my health!!


I saw one of these FHE boards at my sister-in-law's home and just loved it. My sister-in-law picked this up for me in Utah, and it's been a fixture in our home since then. I like the rustic nails. Each tag has one of our names on it. We forget to rotate them sometimes, but the bottom line is that we have FHE regularly. I'm proud of that. We look forward to FHE and enjoy the fun and memories. There would seriously be a mutiny from the boys if we didn't have FHE for any reason. They expect it, look forward to it, and I know we all need it.


Okay, that is some of my stuff. What's in your house? Anyone??

3 comments:

Raimi said...

I enjoyed reading about your STUFF! Keep up the good work on your eliptical! Thanks for playing!

Raimi

Nadine said...

Okay, I'll do it too. However it might be awhile. Maybe by the end of the week? If I have time before FHE tonight I am going to answer the other questions I was tagged with. If not enough time, It is coming...

. said...

Very cute, I think I will do this as well. I will have to make a post of things around my house.