Saturday, September 22, 2007

Field Trip To the Capitol

B HAD to climb on this tree!

I loved this painting. The Declaration of Independence is quoted on the right side

B walking to the State Capitol

Mom & B on the steps of the Capitol
I finally was able to go on an elementary school field trip on Thursday. I was amazed at how much smaller the inside of the bus was!! Okay, so I've grown and the seats haven't. It was such a fun field trip. We were put into groups of 4 kids and 2 adults. We had a great group of kids. We had information sheets to fill out at our own pace, kind of like a scavenger hunt. This made things much more interesting for the kids. They had more control of their field trip. Great idea, teachers!! There are so many neat things to see at our Capitol building. Lots of symbolism and history. The Governor was there today and the kids kept trying to get a peek into his office, which was heavily guarded. We got to see where the assembly meets and the Senate chambers, too. Cool! The grounds around the building were really beautiful. The time went so fast. We had to practically run back to the meeting place for the buses. I'm so glad that I was able to spend this time with B. He said he really appreciated it. I loved the fact that he wasn't shy about walking with me or hugging me!! That made MY day!




2 comments:

Raimi said...

You've got me beat. I have lived here for 4 1/2 years & have yet to see teh state capital. Looks like a great field trip.

Raimi

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the state capitol.