Tuesday, October 9, 2007

General Conference

N & J finding the edge pieces

Mom lending a hand




We really enjoyed listening to General Conference on Sunday. Dad made a huge breakfast of biscuits and gravy. B was particularly in heaven! We worked on a puzzle together throughout most of the day. The boys got out their "Conference Bingo" boards and a bowl of M&M's to play during the 2nd session of Conference. This has actually helped them pay more attention to what the speakers are saying. Of course, they love to eat their bingo pieces. I've found that my boys listen better if their hands are busy with a word search, maze, or puzzle. Our primary handed out Conference Packets to each child filled with conference activities. They enjoyed working on those on Sunday as well, and G & I appreciated the relative quiet. I enjoyed the talks and appreciated the topics. I also appreciated spending the day at home with my family. Since we were gone all day Saturday, we watched part of the 1st session of Conference for FHE, so that we could sustain our leaders. We talked about how important that is and why. I look forward to receiving the Ensign to read through the talks. We finished off the day with a great Pasta al Forno and homemade bread. We didn't finish the puzzle on Sunday, but it was sure fun to start it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved doing that, but it was very hard!

Raimi said...

Looks like a great "FAMILY" day! We love those church holidays(wink)! Good luck on that puzzle!

Raimi