Sunday, January 4, 2009

J's Date with Mom

On Saturday, J & I went and bought a couple of donuts (and J's favorite gum, Juicy Fruit) and then walked over to the Starbucks to have hot chocolate. I packed some marshmallows for J to add to his hot chocolate. We sat at a table in shop and played an Italian card game called Scopa while we ate our donuts. We visited and just enjoyed spending one-on-one time together.


Sprinkles make everything better!!!


J beat me at this game. He's quite good and a force to be reckoned with!


On our way home ... our drinks were still very hot. As I sipped a little more of mine, it tasted quite funny ... not like I remember. I really like the salted-caramel mix in, and that's all I seemed to taste : salt! It wasn't until I got home and had G taste it that we both realized it was COFFEE! Ugh! I went back and had them fix me my hot chocolate like I wanted! I was just glad that they didn't serve J the coffee. Once I got my drink fixed, I really, really enjoyed it.

Mom still looks a little sleepy here ... maybe I DID need the coffee after all!

1 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

What a horrible surprise. I'm glad you got the yummy drink in the end.