Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday Family Outing

Yesterday, we went to G's FAVORITE Italian pizza place. He's very sad because Saturday was the last day the deli was going to be open. He knew the owner on a first-name-basis. We took the YUMMY pizzas over to a nearby park and just enjoyed. It was SUCH a beautiful afternoon. T wanted Sam's Club pizza, but after he had some of this pizza, he wasn't complaining anymore!



T obviously did not want his picture taken!


We went over to a trail and enjoyed a family walk. J tumbled just as I took this picture. He wasn't hurt. Just got back up and continued.

T collected several big river rocks. Here, G is helping by putting one of the huge, heavy rocks in his T's pocket.





The boys found these bushes that were like HUGE dandelions. They'd give it a kick and it was like small pieces of cotton flew everywhere. There were several of these bushes and it gave them giggles galore.

N is getting pretty good at taking pictures, too. I try to remember to get myself in some of the photos since I'm the one mostly taking the pictures. After about 20+ minutes of walking around the trail, we headed back home. We really enjoyed our yummy pizza and walk together.

4 comments:

Raimi said...

It's sad to hear of another business that is on it's way out! There is just too much of that going on right now! Wasn't the weather gorgeous this past weekend? My car got a bath on Saturday becasue it was so nice outside :).

Debie said...

I just had a gardening class on plant allergens. When I saw the picture of your boys kicking the plant, I cringed. Did any of them have since problems of headaches that night? Just curious.

Lisa said...

Looks like a great day! Yummy pizza, that's too bad it's closing.

Stephanie said...

No problems with headaches or anything after interacting with those plants. I didn't want them to continually kick them because they didn't look like a friendly plant to me ... and I guess I was right! What kind of plant is that? After they were shaken, there was this PILE of 'cotton' next to it and little pieces clung to my boys' clothes. We had to walk it off!