Saturday, April 25, 2009

Railroad Museum

On Friday, T & I headed to Old Town Sacramento to see the Railroad Museum for his preschool field trip. Because of construction on the railroad tracks, the train ride was cancelled. Luckily, I did not tell T about the train ride ahead of time. Phew!! We still went, but ... only 4 out of 24 kids showed up! I guess the cancellation of the train ride was the deal-breaker. I must admit, I would have loved the train ride, too.




Here's T in the Postal Train. Lots of bags and compartments for mail.



On one of the diner cars, they had tables set up displaying the various china sets from different railroad companies. I loved the California Poppy set! Beautiful.

Here we are waiting to get into the museum. It was actually nice having a small group. It turns out that these 4 kids all know each other and were glad to be together. Plus, they got more personal time with Miss Jenn. After playing with a huge train set upstairs, we walked across the cobblestone street to a candy shop and bought salt water taffy.

2 comments:

The Fairbanks Clan said...

My kids loved the train museum! It was great to be so close when we lived there.

Laundry said...

let me guess... candy heaven? haha I love that store!!!!hehe