Friday, May 22, 2009

Crazy May

This has been such a crazy Month, especially THIS week. I am going to do a marathon update here:



Tuesday, J and his cub scout den went on a field trip to one of the local firestations. We got to see inside the firehouse and got an extensive tour of the fire truck and all of the COOL tools. Above, J got to try on one of the oxygen tanks -- it was very heavy, but he liked the challenge.


Tuesday was also the open house for the Middle School. There wasn't a whole lot to see, but it was nice to say hi to a couple of his teachers and see some of his work. B liked being able to see the campus and the classrooms, especially since he will be attending there starting August.


Right after the open house, I headed out for my bi-monthly Bunko night with my dear friends. I look forward to this time of visiting and playing Bunko. We catch-up with each other, share recipes, and just have so much fun being together.


Wednesday night was open house for the elementary school. Here's J and his teacher, Mrs. Saldana. J has had a wonderful year in 2nd grade and has done really well academically. We are so proud of him and all of his hard work. It has been fun coming in as the Art Docent. I loved seeing J at school. Today, Friday, was the last time I came in for Art. We finished up by decorating our portfolio bags. I had to bring T with me this morning. He wasn't too happy about it because he'd rather be home playing with his new Legos.



Here's B with his teacher, Mrs. Annicchero. B also had a great year and a wonderful teacher. She really appreciated B's 'out-of-the-box' thinking and encouraged it. I also came in once a month to do art docent in B's class. Very fun! I'm so glad that I had another mom help out because it's a little more challenging with 32 students! Although B had a great year in 5th grade, he's very ready to move up to Middle School.

Wednesday marked T's last day official day at preschool. He's now officially a preschool "Graduate"! We parents came at 11:30 for their graduation. They sang a couple of songs, received their certificate (with a hug) and then we watched a slide show of the kids throughout the year. We all got a copy of the slide show, which we promptly watched when we got home.


Thursday, the preschool gathered at the park and played for a couple of hours. Here, T is with one of his teacher's, Miss Jenn. We all brought assigned food to share & had fun hanging out. The kids played at the playground, ate, then had fun with water 'guns/sticks' -- I don't know what to call them! Below, T and his friend, G, are spraying each other and having a blast!


Thursday was also T's 5th birthday. He loved that he got to see all of his preschool friends @ the park. So fun.

Later, T FINALLY got to open his family gifts. He was SO happy to receive lots of Legos. B was drooling over the camper. Oh well! Then, we went to Leatherby's to celebrate even more.

Friday morning, T & I went over to the school to decorate art bags in J's class. We got to see B working AND have him help us in the crosswalk. Cool!

As we were leaving the Art Room, we saw B's class doing PE. So we stopped by and watched and said 'hello'.

It took us more than 30 minutes to get home this morning because we had to stop and look at bugs along the way. He loves rolly-polly's and lady bugs. He also picked me a boquet of dandilions. He wanted to get a picture of me and my beautiful flowers. I love it!! So, T took the next picture of me trying to hold the dandilions of all different sizes. Not too bad for a 5 year-old!



So, the boys tell me that there are only 14 days left of school. But, who's counting?! They are excited for summer break, as am I.

3 comments:

Laundry said...

you took him to a tour of a fire department??? now i want to go on one.. haha.. i should go to vegas and get one!!! haha. :) I'm glad to see that you guys are having a fun may...


and I'm so glad your boys will NEVER treat a girl like that one guy treated me.. I love your boys.. you have raised them well. :) (That's weird..I'm using my younger cousins as examples as to the kind of guy i should date/marry... haha..)

Nadine said...

That was a marathon! Kudos for getting all the pictures...I always forget the camera. I do have a few that I need to post...Thanks for keeping us up to date! I love seeing the photos an

lorelie said...

Looks like a wonderful month! It makes me miss Miss Jenn and her preschool...and seeing the park, hearing about Bunko - I really miss Roseville! You guys have so much fun.