Saturday, May 16, 2009

Father & Son's Campout

Last night was our ward's annual Father & Son's camp out. G took the 3 older boys with him, and I kept T home with me. T was invited to a really good friend's birthday party in the late afternoon and he really wanted to go to that. G came home early from work and quickly got packed up. They pulled out at about 3:30, and then T & I left a little later for the birthday party. He had such a fun time. The party was at an indoor bounce house place. After the birthday party, I picked up McD's for dinner (one of T's favorites). After T had a huge bubble bath, we watched a movie he picked. He got to enjoy a Hershey's bar for a treat. Once he finally went to sleep, I was able to watch a little TV by myself. Very enjoyable. No complaints from me!


G with N & J



Having fun around the campfire. They had so much fun being around their friends. I love this photo! See the cup they are melting??




J skipping rocks in the American River


B is SO in his element here!

Right before dinner, this is how I found J -- out cold!


G said that this campsite was a lot better than the one they went to last year. They stayed up late roasting marshmallows and visiting with friends. They had a blast! They said that they slept pretty good, considering a very 'creaky' tree swaying in the wind. They left camp late morning because they wanted to make a movie before coming home. But first, they stopped at the American River to hike around a bit. They saw the new Star Trek movie and loved it. G & I already saw the movie and really, really liked it. One of the first things they did when they got home was they jumped in the pool! It's really hot today!



Now I'm staring at a bunch of camping gear taking over my living room! Other than THAT, I'm glad they are home safe and sound ... and that they had a great time.

3 comments:

Raimi said...

I had my boys strip down in the garage when they got home & had them leave all of the camping gear there too! I love that they have this outing for the Father & sons. My boys look foarward to it each year! Sounds like you had a nice Friday night!

Marie said...

Maybe next year G will take all the boys and you can have a wonderful time at home ALL ALONE! Now that is what I call a treat.

Unknown said...

I love this weekend - it is my new favorite! I have to say G did good work with the pictures - I had to show Steve that those are the kind of pictures I would have liked - Steve took one of Sam in the trunk of his car? I have to wonder if he knows I scrapbook - lol!