Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Random Tidbits ...

The other night, J soaked in my big bathtub. He called to me saying he had to show me something. I ran upstairs and saw THIS! I THINK there is a boy in there somewhere ...
On Sunday morning, we told the boys to get ready for church by getting their "Sunday Clothes" on. T ran upstairs and came down in this 'get-up'. He's wearing his cowboy hat, handkerchief, and underwear. In case you are wondering, YES, we got the 'blackmail' shot. He has been dragging around this huge, but lanky, bunny around. The bunny had to ride to church with us, seat belt and all. The bunny 'watched' T's cowboy hat and handkerchief during church. It was the only way that T relinquished the hat and scarf. Phew!

So, T has taken to hauling ALL of his loot everywhere. It's getting a little out of hand, in my opinion. As we were trying to get ready for our Sunday "Quiet Time", he spent 10 or so minutes dragging the contents of his room (we're talking everything off of his shelves or in his drawers, etc.) into MY room. I was getting more and more frustrated. Above, you can see what he managed to bring into my room before I just lost it. I told him that it would be difficult to walk into and out of my room, but he just retorted by saying "No, Mommy, you just do this and this" as he quickly maneuvered in and out of open spots. G just laughed, and I had a hard time keeping a straight face despite being so frustrated.
Beware of the backpack explosion!!! When N gets his stuff out to do his homework, there is a paper explosion wherever he is. Yes, we are trying to help him with organization. It's a process, I keep telling myself ... We keep going over the intended use of the dividers.


I'm keeping really busy with getting ready to do Art Docent (among other things) again this year for B and J's classes. Tomorrow will be the first lesson for B's 5th grade class. I'm glad that I have 3 years of Art Docent under my belt because things have been lagging with the head Art Docent @ the school. No communication from her yet. Frustrating. I fortunately already have a packet for both grades this year because I've done them before, so I can get started on my own. I really like doing the Art Docent because (1st) it's a lot of fun, and (2nd) it's only once a month for each class. This will be my last year that I will be able to work in B's class since he will move on to Middle School next year.


How's YOUR week going??

4 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. Just have to laugh sometimes.

Marie said...

gAt least N is doing his homework - or at least working at doing his homework! Love the pictures.

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

Can I copy the 2nd grade manual? I'm doing AD in L and J's class. Thanks!

Raimi said...

I have been busy creating a Library(or what I hope looks like a Library) for Carter's class. I guess there is a communtiy theme this year. Each class is in charge of creating something that represents our communtiy. Enjoy AD today! We will pick up T.