Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer Saturday

J's game on Saturday was a tough one! The teams tied 1-1. The refs seemed to favor the other team, and kids on the other team were name-calling (I later found out), but we just had to move past it. It was nice to have a 9am game -- to beat the heat. J had TWO near hits on the goal AND a couple of really awesome defensive moves at our goal today. He played his little heart out.


Here is his teams' new banner. We decided not to put the player's names on it so that this banner can be easily used from year to year. Our coach had this made and we think it's awesome!


Later, B had his game @ 1pm. Despite the heat, we were grateful that his game was close to home, just 3 minutes away.

Here is B's team banner. It was nice that when he joined this team this year, we didn't have to pay for a new banner! The coach already had this from the past couple of years.

So, despite some great effort, B's team lost. B had an amazing opportunity to attack at the goal, however, a team mate stepped in front of B, miss-kicked the ball and it went off to the side. B was literally taking that last step before he planned on kicking it with all of his might! He had a clear shot of the goal. B was pretty upset about it. He's usually played mid-field or defense, but he was playing forward and had this golden opportunity. When we talked to him about it, we reminded him that it's okay to be frustrated, but that he still needs to be kind to his team mate.

Later Saturday, we went to a friend's house for a yummy BBQ. One of the missionaries in our ward recently had his 21st birthday, and our friends invited them over to celebrate. The kids were having fun playing out back. Then they started hucking ice around the yard and T took some right to the face and got a nose bleed. Later, when I took T to the potty, he needed to sit on the potty and let's just say that 'things' weren't positioned correctly and he pee-ed ALL over the front of MY pants (I was standing right in front of him). I had to act quick and try to 'adjust' things before he took down the entire bathroom! As much as this bothered me, I was relieved that he didn't pee all over my friend's bathroom. It just looked like I pee-ed my pants. Oh, parenthood. Despite this, we had a very nice time visiting, and we appreciated their invitation.

Oh, and yes, some chores DID get done. I actually was able to get major shopping done early Saturday morning. I was @ Sam's Club by 7:15am. I was able to get through Sam's and Walmart in almost 1/2 the time it usually takes me with a kid or two in tow. It was worth getting out of bed early for just that!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! That story about T was funny. I am sure it wasn't at the time! Kids are so humbling aren't they!

Jamie said...

Love the kid's quotes on the side of your blog. ...ha, ha, ha!