Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Crazy Art Docent Day

I went into B's class today to do Art Docent. We talked about how artists use texture and patterns. Our project focused on using texture. We added fabric, wallpaper, foil, netting or other things to our drawings. B and lots of his friends thought of another use of some thick, black fabric: to add facial hair! One boy taped some to his armpits! Yes, we're talking about 9 and 10 year old boys. They had fun. I had my camera in my purse so I snapped a few pictures of B being a little crazy.

9 years old going on 50!

Kinda looks like the "Three Stooges"!!

As I was taking the art supplies back to the storage room, J's class was walking to the multi-purpose room for lunch. I came in and chatted with J and his classmates. I've gotten to know most of them pretty well. I will be coming in next week for another Science lesson in J's class. J's first question to me was, "Can I have some nutella on toast when I get home?" Nutella is his absolute favorite thing. Yeah, nice to see you too! Regardless, it was nice to see my boys at school today. And I'm glad that they still want me around. I'll hang on to that for as long as I can.

3 comments:

Raimi said...

Looks like a fun Art day! I bet the kids love having you there!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love this idea. My kids would love to do this (especially since they'll never have real facial hair - we hope).

JanEtta said...

Fun idea of textures. Daniel would love for me to come to his school - I'm afraid that won't last much longer though.