Thursday, April 24, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Last night we had a Girls' Night Out. We met at one of our favorite restaurants called Costa Vida. I tried one of their HUGE burritos that had sweet marinated pork, seasoned rice, black beans and all of the trimmings. It was SO good! The best part, was visiting with my dear friends. We all just enjoyed being out together. It was funny when our friend, Lisa, picked up some of us: she didn't have to come to the door to get us. We ALL were eagerly waiting for her and jumped into her car! Thanks for driving, Lisa!!


Next, most of us ventured over to this really cool store called Home Goods. They have so many nice things and the prices were low. It was fun to browse, giggle, and chat. Most of us "window shopped", but a few of my friends bought some things. Only about 3 of my friends had been to this store before and were eager to bring us all there.

Then, the 5 of us that drove together spent almost another hour in the car just visiting in front of Angie's house. Fun. Fun. Fun!!! I had a great time. Thanks for organizing this, Keri. It was so nice to come home and have the kids already in bed asleep. G and I stayed up and visited for a while & watched a couple of quick shows (we FW'd through all of the fluff on American Idol to see who was voted off. I thought Jason C. was going to be gone!). Anyway, I'm thankful that I have a very supportive husband and wonderful friends. I'm very lucky.

I like this quote from Chieko Okazaki: "Friendship is a gift, a special quality of relationship between people in which some of our social, emotional, and spiritual needs can be met." Amen to that!!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

That sounds like a great night out. We have ladies night out every now and then and I love it. It is always nice to get out with friends.

Raimi said...

It was a great night out! I am so grateful for your friendship. You are awesome! Thanks for your help with Garrett today. I really appreciated it.

JanEtta said...

I love a girls night out too - it has been a log time since I've been able to go.