Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another Recipe -- Sweet Pork

Okay, so I've seen a few of these sweet pork recipes floating around on the Internet. I really like the sweet pork from the restaurant Costa Vida. I made this recipe the other day and it turned out awesome! It was VERY easy, too. A bonus in my book.

Sweet Pork
4 lb. pork roast (I used a rump)

2 cups brown sugar
1 (12-14 oz.) jar salsa
2 cans Coke (24 oz. or 2 1/2 cups)

Place roast in crock pot, fill half way with water and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Discard water. Shred meat and return to the Crock pot. Combine sugar, salsa, & coke in a separate bowl. Add mixture to the meat in the Crock pot. Cook an additional 3 hours. Stir occasionally. (Similar to Costa Vida’s recipe) [*I actually just mixed the sugar, salsa & coke right into the crock pot and THEN added the shredded meat instead of using another bowl. Less to wash!]

We built our own burritos using the sweet pork. I made up some white rice too. The juices from the sweet pork flavored the rice right inside the burrito. Everyone (yes, we still have company here) then added what trimmings they wanted. Everything was a hit.

1 comments:

Raimi said...

Sounds YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!