Friday, August 1, 2008

Where Did July Go?

This morning, the boys and I went bowling again. Have to take advantage of free bowling for as long as we can. T kinda tuckered out half-way through, so B bowled for his turns. The funny thing was that B bowled better during T's turns than his own! He even bowled a FEW strikes then. T beat us all! Maybe that's why B looks ticked in this picture. Then, we went to Sam's for pizza and did a little shopping there. T, in particular, loves the pizza from Sam's Club. A while ago, he saw a big semi-truck for Sam's Club and he pointed to it while saying, "Pizza!!"


Okay, where did July go? Seriously! I cannot believe that it is August already. My boys start school on the 11th. Do we have school supplies yet? Nope. Been playing too much. I have to say that this has been a great summer for us. It's been a lot easier this year with T being older. I don't have to worry about potty training or afternoon naps as much (He needs naps occasionally, but not everyday). We've done so many fun things! We are still planning a day to play in Tahoe before school starts. We need to get ourselves on a better schedule, though, soon! I'm having a really hard time rolling out of bed in the mornings. G's been giving me a hard time about that one.



Since we've been playing so much, some things around the house are kinda going to pot. My sink is filled with dishes more than it is clean. And don't even get me started about the laundry. I did make a dent in the huge mountain of clean laundry the other day AFTER a nightmare spurred me into action. I dreamt that T fell asleep in the laundry pile and then we couldn't find him in it! He disappeared in my laundry! Not a good sign. You know, I don't regret leaving my dishes or having to step over some laundry this summer. We did some amazing things and spent lots of time together. When it really came down to it, the boys have helped clean up when needed. Many times I'll ask them to find 10 things to put away and that's all it takes. Along with having fun this summer, I wanted them to have some lazy days, too. It will take some adjustment on my part having them back in school. Also, once they start school, I'll start another on-line class. I'll have to do MY homework, too!

1 comments:

David Fife said...

that dream is so funny. It sounds like something I would do, and then wake up and do laundry all night. I am OCD that way sometimes :) Okay, so 4 boys you have.... I admire you. I have my 2 and my hands are full, I feel ya on dishes, laundry, etc. Not enough hours in the day it seems :(

Good luck with back to school!

Cassie