Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day Back to School ... Already!

Our 7th Grader!!
J is holding the flower that he gave his teacher for the 1st Day Bouquet
B is ready to go. You can see his teacher's flower hanging out of the very back of his backpack.
B is one of the crossing guards this year. He was working the cross-walk that I used to meet the boys over at the school. B had to be there a little earlier. J rode his bike and met me over at his classroom, too.
Here's J at his desk. He was excited about his pencil box! He's starting 2nd grade.
Here's B in his classroom. I cannot believe that he's now in 5th grade!




Okay, N and I RAN out of the house this morning to catch the bus up the street. We waited ... and waited ... and waited for 30 minutes. No bus! Parents were scrambling to get their cars to run their kids to school. N hitched a ride with his friend. I was SO grateful for that. I called the transportation office over at the district offices to find out what happened. The bus driver (not the usual bus driver) missed our stop. Great! I wanted assurance that N would have a ride home from school. She said it won't happen tomorrow, that they've talked to the driver. Ummm ... better not! I know that a lot of kinks have to be worked out with the new middle school.

So, now it's time to fill out the emergency cards in duplicate (I already did N's). T kept asking where his brothers were most of the day. He got to go to Sam's & Walmart with me -- how exciting, eh? I made it worth his while. He got a huge Icee.

7 comments:

JanEtta said...

Daniel has one more week before he starts school. Where has the summer gone? I hope Daniel's as excited to go back as your kids seemed to be. When does T start up in preschool again?

Stephanie said...

OH, T starts Preschool in 2 weeks, but who's counting?!! He's vrey ready to go back to school to see his friends and his teachers.

Stephanie said...

Happy first day of school! We are going to miss Coyote Ridge.

Laundry said...

I wish I was in school! I can't wait! (ya ya ya... i know i'm going to regret saying that later.. but I really don't care right now.)

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

New middle school! I forgot! It sounds very exciting. Good luck in school everyone. (What in the world does B have in that giant backpack? He looks like he's going to scout camp.)

Raimi said...

I can't believe the bus driver forgot a stop! So not cool for the 1st day of school. I am glad he caught a ride. We saw B this morning on his way to school. Tanner has to be there easrly for safety patrol too. I'm glad the new school year got off to a great start.

I am counting the two weeks down, I may even make one of those paper chains-HA!

Holly said...

Summer break went way too fast for us. I hope they all had a great first day back. I hope T doesn't get too lonely. Nicolas missed Kaden so much we went and sat on the front lawn and sw him at recess.