Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last Soccer of the Season

Today marked the last soccer game of the '08 season for the boys. Definitely bitter-sweet. I will be glad to have our Saturdays back, but the boys have already said that they will miss their teams and the games.

B's game was @ 10am, and it felt like an Indian Summer day. It was hot! His team played really well today. They did awesome at passing and it paid off: they won 3-1! It was a great way to end the season. B played 1/2 of the game as goalie. He only handled the ball once because his team did such a great job of keeping the ball away from the goal. B has enjoyed his team this year and plans on staying on this team.

J's game was @ noon. I brought my umbrella to his game! I had kids crowding around me to get to the shade =) J's team won today, too, 3-1 (I think). J was really sad after the game was over. He said to me, "I wish that soccer could go on for another 3 months." He loves his coaches and team mates, and he's learned so much this year. Bottom line: he had FUN!

Here's J with Coach John. Thanks for EVERYTHING!


I just LOVE the fall colors. I had to get a picture of J in front of this tree. He was so hot, exhausted, and just wanted to go home. Actually, he wanted a slurpee, but I was on 'auto-pilot' getting home and just forgot. Instead, he got to pick out a soda from the pantry when he got home.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

I heard that I missed an awesome DYNOMITE game. My hubby & boys won't quit talking about it-LOL! I am glad everyone had a great season. Tanner & I were in fairfield today attending his game. They tied!

Allison said...

What fun! I'm glad they have had a great time. Thanks for the photos!