Thursday, November 13, 2008

Soccer Team Parties


On Wednesday night, we went to Round Table for B's soccer team party. G was gone teaching Institute, so I had the 4 boys by myself. They were really good. J's coach gave him a disc, and to be honest, we haven't looked at it yet. She said it was a slide show. His coach said she liked B's "philosophy" on what makes a team and his positive attitude. Another Mom took lots of great pictures and gave us that disc, too. He has a great coach, however, she does not like trophies ... at all. So the team mom ordered trophies on the down-low for those who wanted them. We had to go to her car after the party to get them. It reminded me of a black-market kind of deal.


Then, the very next night, we went to another Round Table for J's soccer team party. J has been with the same team and coach for 3 years now. They had another great season. They tied one game and won the rest. Actually, his team has not lost a game in all 3 years. They keep improving, too. Their passing skills are amazing. Anyway, here is J with his trophy. He also received another fantabulous 'special' book made by my dear friend, Raimi (coach's wife). Thanks, Raimi!! He couldn't stop looking at it all night.
Then, I received some cute potted flowers along with a gift certificate to a pedicure! Every family signed a card for me, and I really appreciate that. Oh, I was the team Mom again this year. Yeah, I know ... crazy. I only have a million things going on ...
Aside from the constant worry that I was forgetting something, it worked out pretty good. The parents were all very supportive and helpful, and it helps to have a coach on top of things. The coaches were awesome, and worked so well with the boys. J just loves his coaches and team mates. Both B & J have 1 more soccer game this Saturday. Oh, would you believe that J asked for pizza for dinner tonight?!! Are you serious!!!?

2 comments:

Raimi said...

YAY for soccer season! It will be nice to have a break-lol! You were a fabulous team Mom! Thanks for all of your hard work! We so appreicated everything!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Sometimes I wonder how I can get busier. Then I read your blog. Congrats on the end of soccer!