Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend in Review

J being silly and stir-crazy!

N trying to eat oatmeal this weekend



We enjoyed our weekly family movie night on Friday night. We watched Lord of the Rings : Return of the King. This is one of my favorite trilogies. We watch our movies projected onto our living room wall while we all lie on the floor or couches with blankets and pillows. T usually likes to lie next to me, which he did. I noticed that I was getting really hot and then it ocurred to me that it was T that was hot. I could NOT believe that another family member was getting sick! We couldn't get an accurate temperature reading because he won't hold the thermometer under his tongue or his armpit. But, we knew he was HOT. By 3:30am, he kicked Dad out of bed to be with me. He was miserable. Now, the flip side of T being sick: he's quieter, calmer, and even more pleasant. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be sick, but I do have to say that it's been a lot more quiet around here!




G was up early on Saturday and FINISHED the other fence. It started to drizzle rain while he was finishing up, but he was determined to be done! Then, we watched the funeral services for our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. It was hard to hold back the tears. What a beautiful service. We will miss him so much. I was emotional for most of the afternoon. N wanted to record the service so he could watch it again. B was really wanting a playdate, but I had to gently remind him that we cannot have people over to our sick-fest here. Even though it was only about 40 degrees outside, we cranked on our whole-house fan and aired out our home. It felt SO good to have fresh air. Later, we decided to do another family movie night and we watched Back to the Future 2 (can you guess what we'll watch next week??)




We did the Church "Ping-Pong" again. G went to another ward's sacrament meeting Sunday morning. Then I took B & J to church, but I left after Sacrament Meeting so that G could finally attend primary to play the piano. I really enjoyed Fast & Testimony Meeting. Most of the testimonies were shared by our youth. I really, really appreciated our High Counselman's testimony. He talked about our prophet and how things are set in place for a smooth transition. And this is what I really liked: he told us about how a mother has complete love for her baby and that it's hard to imagine loving another baby as much. But, when that next baby comes, love abounds and her love grows. He likened this to the transistion to our new prophet. We'll love him, too. Well said.





T was very cuddly, which was nice except for the fact that he was a little furnice. He stayed up with G & me after his brothers went to bed for more cuddles. Again, by 4am, he was in bed with us needing some Tylenol. I do think he broke his fever late morning. We'll see. I'm still hopeful.



So, I'm still homebound. Still trying to keep up with the housework. A friend of mine likens it to the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge -- it's NEVER done. It is constantly being painted.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your new template design, cute!! I'm glad it worked this time. If you ever need an ear thermometer, just call.

Raimi said...

Hang in there! I hope you are all better soon-like today :)! Let me know if you need anything!

Raimi

Nadine said...

CD heated up last night also...she stayed home from school today. I was glad L was here since I was working in the AM. Hope all get well soon.

Sylvia said...

I hope your family gets rid of all this sickness. It is no fun to be sick!! Hopefully we don't get it here. It has been going around everywhere.