Thursday, February 7, 2008

What DO you do all day?

I drive N and our neighbor/friend to middle school each morning. I was trying to make a little small-talk. I mentioned how the week is almost over and figured they'd be happy with this revealation. N's friend, V, said he wants the weekend to be NOW. He didn't want to go to school because he wants to stay home from school like me "cuz you get to sleep all day and watch TV". Um, what did you say?!!? I quickly told him that this wasn't the case. Then he asked me, "Well, what DO you do all day?" He was quite surprised to know that I have many things to take care of and manage. I really don't think I convinced him otherwise because he looked at me like I was crazy, and/or lying. I guess that's what HE does when he's home from school. Perception isn't reality, right?! I guess the house magically cleans itself, the groceries fly into the refrigerator, and the laundry just folds itself.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Sometimes I even wonder what I do all day! I can be so busy running around doing little jobs, cleaning, laundry, dishes etc. and by the end of the day I am wiped out but yet the next day I have it all over to do again with maybe a little variety and I wonder--what do I do all day!

Nadine said...

Sometimes I even wonder what I do all day! I can be so busy running around doing little jobs, cleaning, laundry, dishes etc. and by the end of the day I am wiped out but yet the next day I have it all over to do again with maybe a little variety and I wonder--what do I do all day!