Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apple Hill

Yesterday, I took the boys to Apple Hill. We met my brother and his family there early. My younger brother and girlfriend came, too. Our sister met us later. It was chilly and a little more crowded this year. We still enjoyed ourselves and the boys had a blast with their cousins. Lots of pumpkins, hay, apples, more apples and treats. We enjoyed a couple of bowls of sliced apples with carmel dip. Oh, so good! I packed a cooler to bring lunch and to then bring home an apple/berry pie for G, and some freshly pressed apple juice.



Our version of some silly faces!
COUSINS!!

The boys had to wait in a line for this tire swing, but it was so worth it. It went pretty high.
At one of the farms, the boys got to feed some goats. They loved this and T got the belly-laughs from it. The goats really DO eat everything. They ate the paper cups & seemed pretty happy about it!
We enjoyed looking at the many shops/vendors. Lots of crafts, paintings, knick-knacks. The boys each brought some of their own money and got to spend it how they wished. T was pretty happy with his $1.00 surprise bag.
N and his cousin, M. They didn't get to see much of each other yesterday, but had a nice time catching up at the fishing pond. We didn't get to meet up with my sister until close to 3:15 and we were feeling ready to go home. We didn't get any fudge this year because the lines were too long. I guess it's better that way, otherwise it would end up on MY hips.

6 comments:

Marie said...

I miss Apple Hill - what a fun place, good memories, and fun traditions.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

What a great day. I hope you had lots of cider.

Holly said...

Looks like alot of fun. I've always wanted to go there but we've never made it, hopefully this year we will.

Allison said...

So jealous that we didn't get to go to Apple Hill! I miss it. Glad that Mom and Dad found that gem when they moved from Walnut Creek, just wish we could go.

Too bad about the fudge. Ohhh that stuff is good.

Sylvia said...

I LOVE Apple Hill!! We would always bring a pie home with us too. So very good. I miss going there. Sounds like you had a great time.

Raimi said...

I am hoping to get to Apple Hill this season! In the 5 years we have lived here, we have yet to make a visit! Cute pics..