Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Made My Day

Yesterday, while I was putting up art work from J's 2nd grade class in the office, a teacher that I knew walked past. She stopped to say 'hi'. She taught B when he was in 2nd grade. When I did Art in her class, sometimes J would tag along. She was a great teacher for B!! She asked about the boys (she also remembers N). We both agreed that we wouldn't want to do Middle School over again. Harsh times for many!! She then told me that she's always a little flabbergasted about how many of the kids are so worried about being 'cool', among other things, at such a young age -- she sees it in her 2nd grade class. She said my boys are so thoughtful, and focused on the right things. She topped off the compliment by saying that she'd want to have boys just like mine. Wow. That was one of the nicest things ever said to me. I know I have good boys, and I'm so grateful. It's nice to hear positive things about them ... especially that!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats! It's always so nice and helpful to get positive feedback like that. You're boys ARE great! I hope I tell you and them enough. I'm grateful that my boys have cousins who are good examples for them....even if we do live a few states away.

Laundry said...

I love your boys!!! And if they weren't family.. I would still love them. haha They are fantabulous!

Raimi said...

Don't you just love it when you get potive feeback from the people(teachers) who spend a good chuck of time with your kids? Your boys are great! Keep up the good work!