Monday, October 6, 2008

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I found this recipe on another blog. I tried it last night because I needed something super easy. Not only was it easy, it tasted great. I didn't get a picture of any of them because they were gone so fast. That's a good sign! I just added some vegetables and some cheddar cheese for quick sides and they were very happy. I plan on making double next time so that I can toss some into the freezer for a quick meal later. I used 3 chicken breasts. I also added seasoned salt to my mixture.

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

chicken breast cut into "nugget sizes"
melted butter
Italian bread crumbs (plain works fine, too)
Parmsean cheese
any extra seasoning you like
gallon ziploc bag

Put bread crumbs, cheese, and seasoning in a ziploc bag. I don't measure, I just throw it all together. Dip nuggets in the melted butter then throw into the Ziploc bag, shake around and get it nicely covered. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes (every oven is different, but cook until nicely browned and cooked through the center)

If you want to freeze some for later, put the uncooked nuggets on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place nuggets in the freezer for 1 hour to flash freeze. After they are frozen, you can split them up into quart or gallon sized bags.


*blog source "Hey, Mom, What's for dinner?" http://twomomsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/homemade-chicken-nuggets.html

1 comments:

Marie said...

I love these recipes you are putting on your blog. I am going to have to try this one.