Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bahamas -- Nassau

We docked at Nassau, Bahamas early in the morning. We didn't sign up for any of the excursions for this day. We wanted to explore the island ourselves, shop a bit, and hit the beach.

View of Nassau from our balcony at port

It's hard to see me in all of that .... I don't know what to call it. It was at the port and I wanted a picture of it.

We enjoyed our walk around parts of the island. We found many of the buildings fascinating. In the Bahamas, they drive on the left side of the road, which was a bit confusing. What I found odd was that some of the cars had the steering wheels on the left side of the cars and some had them on the right.


Lots of pirate themes. The movie Pirates of the Caribbean was actually filmed in the Bahamas.

On our walk, G noticed this mango tree wishing he could take it home with him.


You can see the massive hotel ATLANTIS behind us. It is gignormous!

We finally made it to the beach after walking a little more than 3 miles. The water was so beautiful and warm. It felt SO good!




We opted to take a cab back to the port. Well worth the 8 bucks. We were hashed and HOT. We cleaned up, napped, went to dinner, then back out to the island to walk around more. The ship left Nassau early in the morning.

2 comments:

lorelie said...

What a beautiful place. I feel more relaxed just looking at it! The first pic looks like it could be a painting, and that water? What a perfect color blue! Your little tosies (as we call 'em) look so cute all covered in sand. A perfect little getaway, I'd say!

Laundry said...

wow! I want to see water that blue around here! lol. :) I'm so jealous that you got to swim in that! lol. If I ever go there, I'm gonna get an underwater camera and I'm gonna have some fun taking pictures. hahahaha. :) Glad you and Jello had fun on your cruise! :)