Saturday, July 25, 2009

My 2nd 5K -- Sacramento

I ran my 2nd 5K this morning in Sacramento. The race started at the East Lawn Park. The weather was perfect. N came with me for moral support. He also took photos for me.





I liked these chip timers better than the ones from the last 5K. It was secured to my shoe with a couple of zip ties, and a volunteer snipped it off after the finish line. As for my shoes, I have LOVED these shoes, but I know it's past time to replace them. They are so comfortable!


Getting ready at the start line for the race. The race went through the fabulous 40's neighborhood and then back to the East Lawn Park. It had a few inclines and declines, but it was just beautiful! I really enjoyed the scenery.

Here I am in the front going up the final incline to the finish line. Despite all of the little inclines here and there, I made it. I ran the entire 3.1 miles. It was nice to see N waiting for me and cheering me on.

Here I am after the race. Right after I crossed the finish line, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson was right there and gave me a 'high-five'. Pretty cool!




Even though I didn't feel as strong today, I still did pretty well. My body is still a bit weak from fighting strep throat, but I pushed through. I'm so glad I did it and am already planning on the next one. I think I found one in Folsom in late August.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

Lisa P.

Raimi said...

Way to GO Steph!

Lisa said...

That's great!! Especially after recovering from Strep. Good luck with the next one.