Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yellowstone -- Part 1 -- Old Faithful

After a good night's sleep in our hotel, we headed to Yellowstone. Here is a picture of our hooptie driver. I think the mini-van was a nice touch to the image!

Here's another picture of a state welcome sign. This marks the first time the boys have been to Montana. Our hotel was actually in Montana.




After driving about 1 mile into Yellowstone, we entered into Wyoming, another new state for the boys. Not too long after that, we were able to see 2 Bald Eagles. Amazing.

Here are the boys waiting for "Old Faithful". Now, they can predict eruption within 10 minutes either way of a time. For example, they said it would erupt at 11:26. So that meant it could happen anytime from 11:16 to 11:36. And it did ... at about 11:30.



N takes our photos of us. He's doing a great job. Sometimes I have to tell him to not get too close to me because it makes my face look HUGE. I'm just glad he can handle my camera so that I can be in some pictures, too.

'nough said!


We arrived just in time to see Old Faithful. We hiked around the area for over an hour and came back to see it again. It erupts every 90 minutes. The hike around the geysers and springs was amazging. I'll post about that next.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

wow, looks like a fun trip!! We hope to do that in our RV one of these years. I've been there twice before, with a friend and then family. Beautiful!!!