Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ham & Cheese Quiche

I received this recipe from my dear friend, Lisa P. I made this for breakfast while our family was visiting and it was a hit. It's yummy and very filling!

Ham & Cheese Quiche

1 (30 oz.) pkg. frozen, loose pack, shredded hash browns, thawed
½ cup margarine, melted
1 ½ cup diced cooked ham (cooked sausage or crumbled bacon works well too)
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1 c. milk
salt & pepper

1. Gently press the hash browns between paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Put on bottom of ungreased 9 X 13 baking pan. Drizzle with the melted margarine. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.

2. Sprinkle the ham & cheese evenly over the hash browns.
3. Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together, pour over the rest.
4. Bake at 425° for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Remove the quiche from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

You can also shred about 4 medium-sized baked potatoes (after they have cooled) instead of using the frozen hash browns.

You can do step 1 at night, cover & refrigerate and then finish in the morning.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Raimi said...

I am always looking for new recipes! Thanks Steph! Thanks Lisa P..

Sylvia said...

We did LOVE the Ham & Cheese Quiche. Can't wait to try it.

Karen said...

Hi stephani,
I'm your husbands cousin Karen Davidson. I live up in Canada in Edmonton. I found your blog though Sylvia's. Your Quiche recipe looks great, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow! Say HI to Gerald!