Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another Science Lesson


I went into J's classroom today to present another science lesson. I really enjoy being the Science Docent for his class. Today, one girl asked me how I know all of this science stuff. I wish I could have told her that I'm just so smart, but I had to tell her that I went to school and that science was one of my favorite subjects. We continued talking about solids, but this time focused on very small objects -- which can sometimes behave like a liquid (rice, cornmeal, beans). Half of the class was back with me, taking turns with a partner, basically playing with the small solids, using funnels, containers, etc.. We rotated them through each bin. The other half of the class glued various beans on a paper to make designs. Then, we all switched. It was loud, but it was fun. The kids LOVED being able to get their hands into the beans, rice, & cornmeal. They were learning through play. I love how J gives me lots of hugs while I'm there in his class. I sneaked him a starburst candy. He liked that. J's classmates are so kind to me when I come, and I feel very welcome there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raimi said...

Hey Stephanie!

Looks like a great morning with J's class. I am sure he loves having you there! I helped in Carter's class today & he asked me to stay for lunch. It is always fun to watch your children interact with their frinds & catch glimpses of their long days away from home!

Raimi

Lisa said...

I'm glad the science project went well. Looks like they were having fun!!!