Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Science for J

J and his friend setting up their match game

J decides to stack his bottles with various liquids


Today was another science lesson for J's class. We talked about liquids, along with their properties and characteristics. The station had 7 different sealed bottles with various types of liquids for the kids to shake, roll, turn, etc. Some had color, some were foamy, and some were viscous. While 10 of the kids were at the station, the other 10 kids played a memory card game with a partner using cards with various pictures of liquids to strengthen their vocabulary (transparent, viscous, bubbly, foamy etc.). After about 15 minutes, we had the kids switch. It's always fun for me to come into their classroom. I didn't feel as prepared as usual today, but it still went well. My energy has been zapped taking care of sick family members. Anyway, J was full of hugs, which I love! Many classmates filled me in on the "latest" while I was setting up during their recess (which was indoors because of the rain). Oh ... the life of a 1st grader!



N stayed home again from school today. I think we're both dreading all of the make-up work coming our way. The boy that we carpool with is sick, too. N has been SO tired, and not very hungry. I pray that when he's over this, that no one else gets it. We've had such a rough start this year! Keep your fingers crossed ...

0 comments: