Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Uggh!

T right before he was attacked with Pink Eye


It's been a little crazy in our household this past couple of weeks or so. We've been dealing with Pink Eye. I HATE Pink Eye, mostly because it's so elusive and contagious! First B had it (during the school break), then N (who missed 2 1/2 days of school), then G got it. G missed church on Sunday, so I took the 4 boys by myself. I thought we had it kicked to the curb until I took one quick look at T yesterday morning. Not only did T have to miss his regular day of preschool, I had to cancel and reschedule Art Docent for B's 4th grade class. B was so bummed out! There was no way that G could stay home with T due to his work commitments. Now, the other frustrating thing: try putting drops into T's eyes. Not fun for anyone involved. He seems to understand that it's medicine, but he'd rather wait out the infection vs. getting antibiotics. Oh, the mind of a 3 year old. I've been doing so much laundry because I keep changing pillow cases, changing out towels and blankets. My can of Lysol is handy, and I've constantly been wiping down much of the house. I've been so paranoid of getting it myself, so it's been hard when T wants to climb all over me and cuddle. His eye looks SO much better today. He may be able to go on his field trip tomorrow. Keep you fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, that's no fun!! Brittney got it when I was pregnant with Kimberly. I never got it as a kid, but Brittney has had it a couple of times, she seems to get everything. Good luck!!!

Raimi said...

I hope T is the last to get it! My fingers are crossed that you & J will remain free of pink eye monster! Let me know if you need anything! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Raimi

JanEtta said...

I had it in both eyes last month and talk about trying to keep my kids from getting it! My friend and Dr. told me neosporin at night is great and it really works! Just makes your eye feel sticky until you fall asleep - but no stinging.