Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mending Fences


G spent most of the morning fixing our fences. He finished the fence facing the street, and started prepping the holes for the posts for the other fence, between us and our neighbor. I'm so glad to have the fence facing the street done, in particular, because everything just felt so exposed -- kinda like being a fish in a fishbowl. Our backyard was a total mess -- something I WISH I could fully blame on the storm. I put on gloves, my old shoes, and grabbed a big, black garbage bag and cleaned up the backyard. Pieces of our trampoline fabric were all over the place, not to mention broken toys, some other garbage, and popped balls. All gone! I found several odd socks outside, too. This adds fuel to the maddening task of matching socks, for sure!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad the weather was nice today and you guys could get that done. I remember when we had workers last year working on the pool, I felt the same way. I bet it felt great to get it cleaned up!!

Raimi said...

I am happy your fences are back up! I am always frustrated when I find muddy socks in the back yard :). They are most likely the matches to the socks that having been sitting in the sock basket for the last year!
I'm glad you got a lot done today!

Raimi

Anonymous said...

hi! guess what? i have a blog too!!! the link is on my mom's blog.. haha.. sorry 'bout the fence.. that really stinks.. but look on the bright side...!! at least you have one!!! haha..

love lja

JanEtta said...

Glad to see you're able to get some privacy back with your fences. I wish my kid would wear socks. Still, we have tons of mismatched socks in his drawer too. By the way, E's bill is due on the 20th of each month. Take care.