Friday, January 11, 2008

Why oh Why?

Now it's my turn to ask "why?" Why is it that when I need to vacuum the stairs, the boys suddenly get up off of the couch and do acrobatics on the banister and/or the stairs that I'm trying to clean? When I question them on this phenomena, they say that they are trying to keep out of the way of the vacuum! This blows my mind! They WERE out of the way of the vacuum when they were on the couch to begin with! Or, why is it that they come out of hiding the split second I get or make a phone call? They could be completely consumed by the Game Cube or TV, but as soon as I'm talking to someone on the phone, they are right there next to me "needing" something. It's like they have some radar sense. I can hide-out in my bathroom, but then the notes start getting slipped under the door! I can't say that this happens ALL of the time, but it's definitely not a rarity. And, why is it that the boys complain of hunger during the hour leading up to dinner, only to pick at their food during dinner ... even if it's something they like? Am I missing something here? Then, as soon as dinner is cleared, they want a snack. I'm guessing I'm not alone here. Just some questions stirring around in my head. Yes, the wheels are usually turning ....

2 comments:

Raimi said...

You are not alone! I know exactly how you feel! My favorite is the notes being slipped under the bathroom door -LOL! We will miss it someday(Maybe not !!!).

Raimi

Lisa said...

Yes, same here. They just love us so much they feel we want them when we are busy. You are definitely not alone!!!