Wednesday, June 11, 2008

11 Things You Would Never Hear Me Say

No, child, you didn’t use ENOUGH toilet paper. I need to see a pile of t.p. floating in the water.

No, of course not. Why would I expect you to get up and throw that garbage away when you could just conveniently stuff it down the side of the couch.

I think pedicures are a waste of time and money. And massages are overrated.

Chocolate? Nah, I'll pass.

No, I don’t mind answering the same question again since your brother just asked that exact thing in those exact words.

If you whine I promise you will get out of being in trouble.

No, I’m not pregnant, but I’m so pleased you thought I was.

Of course your 2-year-old and 28 of his best friends are welcome to have the birthday party in my living room. Be sure to give them chocolate ice cream and red punch.

Go on, keep fighting with your brother–it’s music to my ears!

Of course I did all the laundry and put it away today. Who takes more than one day? Or worse, who never puts the laundry away but instead just dresses their children out of the laundry pile in the hallway? Certainly not me.

No, please park as close as you can to my car. Ding up the doors while you’re at it. But leave me a can-opener so that I can squeeze back into my car! (This happened to me TODAY. Luckily, I didn't see any dings, but it was a VERY tight squeeze)


What is on your list of things you'd never say??! I have more ... maybe I'll share them later.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

No,no,no,you don't have to brush your teeth. We love to fork over extra money to the dentist (to said 7 year old who did a 10 second brush tonight)!
ARRGHHHH! One day they will thank me for making them brush their teeth!

Thanks for letting T play today! Garrett loves the cars & book. thank you! I too, am glad they have found a friend in one another.

. said...

HA! LOL, love it. I am sooo feeling that way.
me yesterday, "well of course we can do something else after we went to kung fu panda, pizza and swimming, I don't think you are spoiled enough yet, and by the way thank you for dumping all your stuff on the kitchen floor, I would LOVE to pick that up for you!"