Monday, June 16, 2008

1st Day of Swim Lessons

J moved up a level to the Marlin class in the big pool. J is a really good swimmer, and commented about doing the swim team like N next year.
N observed his brothers' lessons. Since we signed him up for swim team, he's not taking lessons with his brothers.
B taking a break in the bright sun during his swim lessons. He moved up to the Shark class.
Here's T after his swim lesson. He's in the Duck class. He cried for the first 1/2 of the class, so I couldn't get close enough to take a picture for fear he'd see me and want out! He seemed to enjoy the 2nd half of the class, though. We've had really good instructors here. They were able to get an assistant to help T one-on-one to calm down. I really appreciated that. I want my boys to be great swimmers because I honestly believe it is an important life skill. I don't want to be worrying night and day when I send them off to Scout Camp, for example, because they don't know how to swim! Not going to happen. Swimming is great exercise, it's refreshing, and it gets us out of the house. Plus, it's just a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Raimi said...

Looks like a splashing good time!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

We're so lucky to have this great pool with great summer lessons! Don't you love living here?