Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Surprise Lunchdate & Trip to Library

Today, finally, I surprised J by picking him up from school @ lunchtime and took him over to McDonald's. When he first saw me in the office, he asked me if he was going to the dentist. Then, when I told him we were going on a lunch date, he was so happy! He chowed down on a Mighty Kids' Meal, and enjoyed playing on the equipment. He made quick friends with another boy there and had a blast. T enjoyed seeing his brother for lunch and was really sad when we took J back to school. Little does T know that his brothers will be out of school starting Friday and that he'll have competition for the TV and Wii!!!
J playing in the robot
Later, I took J & T over to one of our libraries while N had swim team.
T found a shopping cart with a doll and a rabbit to push around the library. He loaded his books in there, too. This was perfect for him to keep him occupied! Now if he can just remember to use his "inside voice" -- we'll be good!
N is really excited to polish his swimming abilities. He's got this LONG body with LONG arms and legs that's just perfect for swimming. The city finally added another swim team because of the demand. This year, the city had to turn away more than 65 qualified swimmers due to lack of space. So, they opened another team, a pre-competitive team. Perfect for N. He's always been comfortable in the water. Even in warm-ups, he out-strokes many of the kids. Even though he's got the height for basketball, he's always been more comfortable in the water. Oh, and while I was at the library, I ran into a friend who is a campus supervisor at N's middle school. She said that N is the tallest 6th grader. He's as tall as me now and I'm 5'8". Crazy!!

1 comments:

Raimi said...

I bet you made J's day! What a fun lunch date. Way to go N, the swim team is lucky to have you!