Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yes, More Water!



Notice the smoky, gray sky? We haven't seen a blue sky in days!
"Rett" and T -- Best buddies!!
By 9 am yesterday morning, I realized that I didn't want to be stuck in the house all day. So, I called one of my dearest friends, Raimi, and asked if she was up for an outing at this great little water park ... and she was! Her hubby came, too. We spent about an hour and a half there and just let the boys run wild. T had a hard time with this concept: if I pour water on you, then you'll pour water on me. Nope, he liked pouring water on someone else, but would scream and cry if someone poured water on him. Yes, it was a little annoying, but he's also got to learn, right? Also, it was almost as if we didn't feed our boys before we came (which we DID) because they all just seemed to be starving! They just wanted to snack the entire time. Well ... anyway, the boys got to play with their friends AND water at the same time, I got to visit with Raimi & John, and we got out of the house for part of the day. The park was not crowded, thankfully. I think the smoky skies are still keeping a lot of people indoors. I felt really stir-crazy yesterday morning and knew I wouldn't last the day with my sanity intact if I didn't venture out for a bit.
Then the bonus of the afternoon: T fell asleep after we read some books, so I took a nice afternoon nap, too. The other two boys were very content to have a little alone time, too. B working on a Lego creation, and J played the Wii by himself.

We topped the evening off with our weekly movie night. We watched the first episode of Star Wars, and had no-bake cookies. This is absolutely one of our favorite desserts and it's so easy to make. I love how I don't have to turn on my oven to make these. I'll share the recipe, even though I think most of my friends already have it. I got this recipe from a college roommate back @ BYU.

No Bake Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup margarine

Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and add:

3/4 cup chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
2 ½ cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Let cool.
(I use one of my large melon-scoops to do this. It works great!)



Okay: one more thing! N comes home from Scout Camp this afternoon. Yeah!! We've really missed him. T has continually asked, "Where's Fanul?" That's what he calls N. I'm sure he's going to be exhausted and dirty when he comes home. I've got the washing machine ready!!

1 comments:

Raimi said...

Thanks for th call yesterday! We needed to get out of the house too! It is alwasy fun to visit with you!

By the way, we love those cookies too!