Monday, June 23, 2008

Scout Camp ... Here I Come!

Umm, are you serious?! I have to carry this thing?!

Yesterday, we got N's pack ready for Scout Camp. He left at "O-dark-thirty" this morning, as my Mom would say. The boys had to be at one of the leader's home @ 3:55 AM. Yes, you read that right: AM!! G & I got up with him and G drove him over to the meeting place. B came downstairs and gave N a HUGE hug. It was so sweet. The troop had about a 2 hour drive and then a mile and a half hike into camp. Luckily, their sleeping bags, bed rolls and tents etc. would be brought into camp via boat, but the boys would have to carry in their packs. Camp activities begin around 8:30 AM today. N was very emotional about going. He was excited, yes, but already a little homesick. I don't blame him. He hasn't been away from home for more than 2 days. He will be a tent-mate to one of his closest friends, and that should be a blast. He'll be back on Saturday. We know he'll have fun and that he's in good hands. It's just hard to believe that he's old enough to go away to Scout Camp!!

6 comments:

Laundry said...

DUDE! C LEFT FOR SCOUT CAMP THIS MORNING TOO! only not so early! he had to be at the leaders house by 7 not 4. haha

That picture with the pack on N totally makes him look way short! haha. crazy.

Allison said...

Are you sure he's not hiding T and J in that pack? He might have stowaways and not even realize it until he gets there. lol.

Raimi said...

That looks like one heavy pack! He will have a fabulous time!

Unknown said...

wow!!thats .... um well... a very BIG bag! how do you carry it ?

JanEtta said...

I'm sure that by the time N gets to be 15, he'll have smaller pack, or be buffed up enough to hall all that stuff! I hope the other 3 boys don't miss him too much while he's gone.

Unknown said...

Oh my word - I am suprised he didn't tip over with that pack! I hope he had a good time!