Monday, June 30, 2008

Raspberry Pickin' FHE





We had a great adventure for FHE tonight. The boys decided that they wanted to have dinner at Daddy's work. So we did and ate out on the patio. I love the picture of B sitting in the chair all crazy. He doesn't like to sit normal in any chair. After dinner, we walked on a trail nearby with a couple of bowls in hand to pick from the abundance of raspberries. They were SO good! G was able to get the most because he wasn't wearing Tevas like the rest of us. There were a lot of thorns. Still worth it. Right off of the trail, there was a Maidu Pounding Stone to see. So cool! Then we quickly dropped by Barnes & Noble to get a reading log for the boys, to encourage summer reading. I got the idea from my friend, Raimi. After reading any 8 books, we can bring back the completed reading log and receive a free book. Love the idea.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

What a great FHE! Everyone looks so happy! I think that is cute that you ate with G @ work! Happy reading!

Sylvia said...

That sounds like a great FHE. I love raspberries! Have a great time reading. I need something like that to motivate my kids. I might check in to that here. Thanks for the idea.