Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Girlfriends' Retreat @ Tahoe


I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the weekend at beautiful Lake Tahoe with my dear friends. I drove two friends up with me on Friday morning to Tahoe. That drive went by SO fast because we just talked and talked. The accommodations were amazing. I had my own master suite to myself. Everyone had their own room and bathroom for at least 1 of the nights. We wandered the Northstar village, went to dinner together, and chatted the night away on the first night. It was so wonderful to be able to not be on a schedule. I woke up when I wanted the next morning and just took my time. We all went on what we thought would be a mile and a half hike, but we started on the wrong trail, and then went back to the correct trail and then missed the switchback to the summit. So, we figured that we hiked around 7 or 8 miles. But, when we did make it to the summit, it was gorgeous!!! We relaxed in the hot tub, rode the stinky gondola due to all of the sweaty mountain bikers, roasted marshmallows at the fire pits, watched a chick-flick, and laughed & laughed & laughed. I am so lucky to have such great friends. Thanks SO much, Kristin, for organizing this and for the use of your condos. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband who supported me on this weekend. The boys went to the school carnival, camped in the backyard on Friday after a movie, went to church w/o me while picking up two other boys for church, and managed to get some chores done on Saturday, too. When I arrived home Sunday night, G was busy making cookies for B to take to school for his birthday Monday. How awesome is that?!!! Thanks, G!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,

Your girlsfriends' retreat sounds like a lot of fun. What a supportive husband Gerald is, to not only hold down the fort while you were gone, but also to help make birthday cookies for school. Say hello to Gerald for me. It sure is fun seeing all the neat pictures of you and your family. Seeing current pictures and reading about what you guys are up to makes it seem like it hasn't been years since I've seen and hung out with you. I have lots of fond memories of spending time with you in YW and HS. Take care.

Love,
Cindy

. said...

Aahh! iT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD SO MUCH FUN! Isn't it nice to just get a way for a while. And to have great friends!

Raimi said...

We did have an awesome time, didn't we? Thanks for being the driver to & from! It was fun to visit & just hang out! I sure do appreciate your friendship!

Anonymous said...

Didn't we all have a FABULOUS time!! (o.k. maybe not everyone) I loved hanging out and visiting with everyone. I loved the view of the lake from the overlook on our lonnnggg hike. Well worth it! You're a great friend. Thanks G for taking my boys to church so I could stay another night. I really appreciate it!

Lisa P.