Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Racetracks, crayons, & wrestling ....

"Rett" and T ready to launch matchbox cars down the track

The best view in the house of the track

T had one of his best friends over for a play date this morning. We set up the race track where we shoot cars down the track from our landing. We add pillows under the track towards the bottom so that the track slants back up and the cars 'take-air' near the finish line. It's fun to see the cars fly at the end! When my friends came over, we couldn't open the front door because of the pile of cars. I have to admit that I like to do this almost as much as the boys do. Two other friends were over today, too, for B & J. Legos were scattered upstairs, there were wrestling matches, and we dusted off the crayons to draw different kinds of bugs. Yes, I even let B & his friend play the Wii for a bit. I hesitate with the video games sometimes if someone is being excluded or they are not interacting with each other. Otherwise, what's the point of a play date?! We didn't really play outside today and it's not because of it being too hot. Actually, the temperatures have been pleasant, but the air is still choked with smoke from all of the wildfires out here in CA. It's awful. They did play on the swing-set for about 15 - 20 minutes, but that was it. Then, by the time that my friend came to pick up her son, I told her to "climb in"! I guess after roughly 3 hours of manic playing that's what happens. The boys had a great time, but do you know what J asked me the second their friends left? "Can my friend 'so-n-so' come over?"

2 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

That sounds like a great day. Can I come over to play with the track?

Anonymous said...

Garrett had a fabulous time. Thanks for having him. He asked me this morning if he was going to t's house today-LOL!

Raimi