Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bowling ... Round 2

Since we have these cards that allow the boys to bowl 1 free game per day (and free shoe rental), we had to take advantage of it again. N got these cards from his middle school. It's from a campaign aimed at kids 'To say No to drugs'. We'll probably come back a couple more times this summer. What a great treat!
B getting ready for his turn. He did GREAT today, and really enjoyed himself.
This is what happened almost each time when it WASN'T his turn. Not my idea of fun. Luckily, we were on the lane at the very end, so he was away from other people.
N's ready to bowl, and T wants to 'help'.
J is trying to smile for the camera. He really, really wanted to bowl a strike, but had no luck today. He was kind of down about it. Maybe next time!
Mom & T relaxing for a minute at the park today. N is becoming quite the photographer!



After another round of free bowling for my boys, we picked up In -n -Out Burger and met our friends over at a favorite park of ours. (They came bowling with us, too) T and his little friend are MIA, which is usually the case. At least I remembered to put him in bright red (I usually do this when we go to parks -- it's easier to spot him). My friend's 4 boys are all the same ages as my 4 boys. What are the chances of that?!! They get along well, and enjoyed the time together. The weather was perfect today. It was nice to be out of the house on such a beautiful day. Now, since we've been keeping pretty busy, I do have to say that things around my house are suffering a little. I have a Mt. Everest pile of laundry in my hallway upstairs. My bathrooms need some attention ASAP. Oh, and I've barely been keeping up on my dishes. Honestly, if we stay in the house for more than a couple of days, we go crazy and the boys get on each other's nerves. I'm being real, here. It's just the way it is. I'm trying to find that balance, still, of lazy summer days and keeping busy. Our city offers SO many things to do. It's awesome! But it's also nice to have a day here and there where you don't have to be anywhere. That's nice, too ...

1 comments:

JanEtta said...

Okay, if we could go bowling everyday for free, I know Daniel would be right there. I wish Provo had free things to do, but no such luck.